TikTok, formerly Musical.ly, is a social media app for creating, sharing and discovering short videos. TikTok was the app that made the concept of short videos (15 seconds) viral and millions of users are now using it.
Although TikTok is banned in many regions, users are still looking for ways to run video sharing apps on their Android and iOS devices. The app basically serves as a platform for the younger generation to express themselves creatively through singing, dancing or lip syncing.
A few days ago, we shared a detailed guide on how to download TikTok on Windows. And today we are going to share the same for Mac users. So let’s see how to download TikTok for Mac.
Download TikTok for Mac
Unfortunately, TikTok is not available for PC platforms such as Linux, Windows, and Mac. But the good thing is that with a few workarounds, you can use the viral TikTok video sharing app on MacOS.
To download TikTok for Mac, you need to download and install BlueStacks for MacOS. For those who don’t know, BlueStacks is one of the best Android emulators available for both Windows and Mac.
You can use the BlueStacks for macOS to download and install BlueStacks on your Mac computer. After installing the BlueStacks, you can access the Google Play Store to: download and install TikTok on Mac.
How to Install TikTok on Mac?
It is quite easy to download and install TikTok on Mac. You need to follow some of the simple steps that we have shared below.
1. Download first BlueStacks for macOS. Once downloaded, open the BlueStacks installer.
2. Now, in the BlueStacks installer, double click the BlueStacks icon to start the installation process.
3. Now in the BlueStacks window, click on the Install now knob.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions and complete the BlueStacks installation on macOS.
5. Once installed, launch BlueStacks and click the Let’s go knob.
6. Now sign in with your Google account information and click on the Play Store icon.
7. Search for TikTok and open the relevant result in the Play Store. Then click the Install button on TikTok’s app list page.
8. Once installed, you can use TikTok on your Mac. Just log in with your TikTok account and use the mobile app on your Mac.
That is it! Here’s how to download and install TikTok on your Mac.
Best Emulators for Running TikTok on Mac
Well, just like the BlueStacks, there are other Android emulators available for Mac as well. You can use these emulators to download the Android version of the TikTok app on macOS.
We have already shared a list of all available Android emulators for MacOS. You can refer to that guide to find all the options.
However, our tests showed that BlueStacks for Mac was more stable. Bluestacks can run almost all video streaming and sharing apps for Android on your mac
Use the TikTok website on Mac
You can also watch and upload TikTok videos directly from the official website. For that you need to open your web browser on Mac and go to tiktok.com.
Then log in with your TikTok username and password. You can watch the videos of others. You also have an option to upload videos from your Mac to TikTok.
The only thing is, you can’t use TikTok’s built-in video editing tools in the web version. So for the best TikTok experience, it’s best to follow the emulator method.
If TikTok is banned in your area, you should use VPN apps for TikTok. Best a few best VPN services available on the web can unblock TikTok on MacOS.
So that’s all about downloading and installing TikTok for Mac. Shared method allows you to use TikTok on your Mac computer. If you need more help regarding TikTok for macOS, let us know in the comments below.